Restore a Fuller
More Youthful Appearance
What Do Facial Fillers Do?
As we age, our faces lose volume. This is due to a combination of factors, including the loss of collagen, sagging and stretching of tissues, thinning muscles, and changing shape of facial bones. As a result, our faces may start to look gaunt and wrinkled. Facial fillers can help to restore lost volume and give the face a more youthful appearance.
What is The Difference Between Facial Fillers?
There are two main types of facial fillers: hyaluronic acid fillers and calcium hydroxyapatite fillers.
- Hyaluronic acid (HA) fillers are made from a substance that is naturally found in the body. Hyaluronic acid loves water, so this filler gives a wonderful hydrated appearance. Depending on the type of filler and where it is placed, it can fill in softly under the eyes, firmly for the cheeks, smoothly for the lips, and gently in those necklace lines.
- Calcium hydroxyapatite fillers are made from a mineral that is similar to bone. They are more firm than hyaluronic acid fillers and can be used to add volume to the cheeks and other areas of the face.
Facial Filler Options
- Revance Teoxane RHA 2, RHA 3, RHA 4
- Restylane family of products (Restylane-L, Lyft, Kysse, Refyne/Defyne)
- Juvederm family of products (Volluma, Volbella, Vollure, Vollux, Ultra XC, Ultra-Plus, and others)
For each area and skin type, Dr. Carniol will choose the filler that will best achieve your goals.
“Dr. Carniol was very professional and informative about the procedure. I was very surprised the injections were painless and I was able to return back to work with no restrictions. I would recommend him to all my family and friends and will continue treatments with him. I am very excited to see my results!!! Thank you Dr. Carniol!”
• RealSelf Review
The duration of results from facial fillers varies depending on the type of filler used. HA fillers last for 6-15 months depending on which fillers are used.
Fillers are amazing and give instant results. You can see immediately that great cheek bone lift! Many times, patients will have a little swelling and the filler takes a couple days to integrate into the skin.
The cost of facial fillers varies depending on the type of filler used, the area of the face being treated, and the number of syringes used.
Both Dr. Carniols are double board-certified facial plastic surgeons who bring tremendous experience and expertise to facial filler treatments. Because the surgeons perform both surgical and non-surgical facial rejuvenation, they have unique knowledge to enhance your beautiful features.